Finest quality nuts. Handpicked for quality and perfection in every bag you buy.
Health Benefits of Macadamia Nuts
Lowers Heart Disease Risk: Like many other nuts, macadamias will benefit your heart. They’ve been shown to reduce LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, therefore decreasing your heart disease risk. This will also lower your chances of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Flavonoids: Antioxidants are usually associated with fruits and veggies. But macadamia nuts also have some because of its rich flavonoid content. These compounds have a strong antioxidant capacity, helping your body fight free radicals.
- Vitamin E: Macadamia nuts also have a small amount of vitamin E, a potent antioxidant. One cup has 0.72 mg. However, adults need 15 mg a day, so you should still try to get vitamin E from other sources. Examples include wheat germ oil, sunflower seeds, and spinach. Other tree nuts like almonds and peanuts are also high in vitamin E.
Health Benefits of Hazelnuts
- Promote Heart Health – Tree nuts are a well-known combatant in the fight against heart disease, and hazelnuts are no exception. There are a handful of vitamins and minerals found in hazelnuts that promote heart health. Aside from being a great source of fiber, they contain a large amount of monounsaturated fatty acids, which help to reduce LDL cholesterol (the “bad” kind) and increase HDL cholesterol (the “good” kind).
Health Benefits of Almonds
- Help Prevent Heart Disease and Heart Attacks: Two of the star chemical compounds of almonds nutrition are healthy monounsaturated fatty acids (abbreviated as MUFAs, the same kind of beneficial fat found in olive oil) and antioxidants that support heart health and prevent factors of cardiovascular disease. Almonds specifically supply antioxidant flavonoids, plant-based compounds present in the skin of almonds that work with vitamin E to improve artery health and reduce inflammation.
- Support Healthy Brain Function: Almonds are often considered one of the best brain foods. Almonds nutrition is somewhat unique in that almonds contain riboflavin and L-carnitine, two key nutrients capable of positively affecting neurological activity and preventing cognitive decline. This is one reason why adults, especially the elderly, are encouraged to eat nuts several times per week — since they are associated with a reduction in the risk for inflammation that can cause brain disorders including dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Health Benefits of Cashews
- Healthy Heart: Cashews contain low-fat content when compared to other nuts and that too in the oleic acid form which is very healthy for the heart. They are cholesterol free and the antioxidants present keeps you away from heart diseases.
- Help Prevent Gallstones: Some research has found that eating nuts weekly, including cashews, can help lower the risk of having gallstones. Gallstones are associated with healthy cholesterol levels; they’re caused by hardened cholesterol, a result of too much cholesterol being present within the bile that circulates through the digestive tract.